Car shuffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shuffle

I am in IL. So we filed chapter 7 on 5/13, our 341 is 7/8. My car is dying, literally. We used our expemtion for my car. My Aunt gifted me her car.... same year car, less miles. Our lawyer said we can accept the gift now, but he would like us to wait until after the 341 meeting to sell the other car.

I would like to know if that means I can transfer title and plates to the new used car and let the car we exempted sit until after the 341 meeting. Any ideas??

Originally posted by Noangelmom View Post
    I am in IL. So we filed chapter 7 on 5/13, our 341 is 7/8. My car is dying, literally. We used our expemtion for my car. My Aunt gifted me her car.... same year car, less miles. Our lawyer said we can accept the gift now, but he would like us to wait until after the 341 meeting to sell the other car.

I would like to know if that means I can transfer title and plates to the new used car and let the car we exempted sit until after the 341 meeting. Any ideas??
    that's about right. it's not property of the bk estate if it's after filing date.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

So, I CAN transfer title and plates to the new car and just let the exempted vehicle sit until after the 341?

Comment

Originally posted by Noangelmom View Post
        So, I CAN transfer title and plates to the new car and just let the exempted vehicle sit until after the 341?
        Wait you're transferring plates from the old car to the new?? Or just getting new plates for the new/used car?
        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I will be transferring the plates from the old car to the new car. I will not be getting new plates.

Comment

OK, I just spoke to my lawyer and he would like me to wait to transfer ownership until after the court date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X