just missed my first payment!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just missed my first payment!!!

well it is getting more official by the day. already have an atty and set for august 1st filing date.

just missed my first payment on the 14th this month and by this time next week i will have missed all my other unsecured debt payments.

just got invited to google voice as well, talk about perfect timing.
    stopped paying 5/16/2010
    filed 8/2/2010
    341 8/31/2010
    Report of no Distribution 9/1/2010 expected discharge 10/31/2010

You really appreciate Google Voice when this gets rolling! I always made sure to label their phone numbers with who it was ie AMEX, MC, Visa etc. I tried to always answer each call and if they were rude I would put a "special" voice greeting just for them when they called after that.

Collectors have a special place in my heart.
    ==================================
    Filed: 4-30-2010
    341 Complete: 6-16-2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

What? And you're not in jail?

It's not as painful as you thought is it. No one's coming to eat you either.

Good luck on the journey.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

i just went online to see how much of a late fee they charged and what they moved the interest rate to. THEY CLOSED THE ACCOUNT ALREADY!!!

and they moved it from 19% to 29.99% and they charged me a 59$ fee. two days late and all that!

good riddence.

BTW anyone have a GV invite you can send to my wife? ill pm the address if you wouldnt mind sharing.
        stopped paying 5/16/2010
        filed 8/2/2010
        341 8/31/2010

Comment

I don't have any invites available right now, you may want to request the invite from Google. I last heard it only was taking about 10 days to receive one.

Maybe someone else will have one still available.
          ==================================
          Filed: 4-30-2010
          341 Complete: 6-16-2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

I remember the first time I deliberately missed a payment. I felt like a hardened criminal!! And yes, the CCs are very unforgiving about it.

Once, years ago, I made a late payment to Amex. It was late by maybe 2 days. Almost immediately, my available credit went from $5000 to $100, and my interest rate shot up from about 8% to 29%.

Credit cards are NOT your friends. They want all your money, and they'll get it one way or another. If you use it and pay your balance off, you'll pay a penalty fee. If you DON'T pay your balance off, you get nailed with high interest rates. Either way, you're screwed.

Comment

Just got my first collection call. GE Money. told them i cant pay and dont know when i would be able to again.

About 1 month till i file so i think i can stall for a while.
              stopped paying 5/16/2010
              filed 8/2/2010
              341 8/31/2010

Comment

I stopped paying my CCs over three months ago and it was difficult because I had never been late before in my life. At first I answered the calls, the first came after only 3 days of being late. I told them I didn't know when I could pay, and they didn't care, the calls didn't stop. Now that I retained an attorney and have given them her info, I hardly get any calls anymore. It is nice to be able to turn my ringer on again!

It sounds like you don't have much time to go before you file, so it will go quickly.
                Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

i file august 1st. so a little over 1 month to go.

i set up a contact on my phone for collections and assigned a silent ring tone to it. so any new ones ill get old ones ill never hear.
                  stopped paying 5/16/2010
                  filed 8/2/2010
                  341 8/31/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X