Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation questions?

I am bit confused.
    In regards to my mortgage, I had full intent to reaffirm. WF sent the agreement, I signed and sent back to my attorney. He sent it back to them. My last day for objections is Tuesday, so in essence 3 more days. Agreement has not yet been filed with the court. Attorney says it is WF job to file it, WF says that attorney is suppose to do it. Had both of them on the phone yesterday, and both were pretty stuck with the opinion that the other party is suppose to do it. If no one files it, I guess I will not reaffirm.
    Second thing is about my car, never heard anything from CU. They stopped sending me statements, but continue to take my payments. I guess, my car will not get reaffirmed either.
    Is this a good thing? I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I wanted to have something on my credit report after BK but on the other I am not sure if I want the liability... Just confused as to how I should feel about it...
    Filed 03/12/2010
    341 Meeting 4/23/2010
    Discharged and closed 6/23/2010

banks are against reaffirming latlely. I would not reaffirm. You can get all the benefits without being on the hook ever again. They dont want your property. Keep paying if you want to keep it. They will most likely report payment to credit after case is closed, atleast that is what BofA does.
    Filed Aug 28 2009
    341 Oct 2 2009-Asset Case
    Discharged Dec 16 2009
    Waiting for tax return and asset buy back to close

Comment

Originally posted by kw1025 View Post
      banks are against reaffirming latlely. I would not reaffirm. You can get all the benefits without being on the hook ever again. They dont want your property. Keep paying if you want to keep it. They will most likely report payment to credit after case is closed, atleast that is what BofA does.

I could not say that better or mean it more than KW stated this. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X