2nd settlement offer amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd settlement offer amount

I know people settle their second mortgages when the second has no equity in the house.We just modified our first and now I'm looking at options on the second.By the way we were discharged from chap. 7 last month.The house on zillow is worth 297,000.The first is for 207,000 and the 2nd is for 211,000.We are content with the house,yard,neighbors ect. so we would like to wind up with a deal we would be happy with.I consider this bk situation to be a once in a lifetime situation and want to make the most of it.I read where a foreclosure costs an the bank an average of 60,000.Any idea of what an accectable settlement offer might be? If the bank won't offer any kind of principal reduction we might need to consider walking away.The scary part of that is worrying that inflation may hit before we could get into another house.Also is it alright to borrow money to make the settlement offer with?

Did you reaffirm your house? If you settle with the second, understand, it is a new contract in any case and you could not walk away from it if things got really bad. You might be better off to dump the expensive house and get a little cottage for about 60K. Fix it up as a doll house and pay it off soon. 'Hub BTW, OHMO
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      Did you reaffirm your house? If you settle with the second, understand, it is a new contract in any case and you could not walk away from it if things got really bad. You might be better off to dump the expensive house and get a little cottage for about 60K. Fix it up as a doll house and pay it off soon. 'Hub BTW, OHMO
      no,we did not reaffirm the 1st or the truck loan

Comment

banks are really wierd with offering principal reductions right now. They think the market is gonna come back, to the value will go up.
        Filed Aug 28 2009
        341 Oct 2 2009-Asset Case
        Discharged Dec 16 2009
        Waiting for tax return and asset buy back to close

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X