When will I start receiving statements again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will I start receiving statements again

My hearing is coming up on July 2nd. I didnt know that I couldnt just go into Chase bank and pay the mortgage which I hold with them. They told me I had to mail it and since I was paying on the last day of grace period I guess I am now stuck with late fees as well.

When do I start getting statements again and able to make payments at the branch..or is that possible?

Thank you.

Probably NEVER.

It is fairly standard practice for mortgage banks to shut off online access and stop mailing statements. Unless you reaffirm the debt (which you shouldn't), the bank essentially cuts off contact. It really just depends on the internal policy. Basically, you will need to call the bank, get the mailing address for payment, and remember to send your payment each month.

Comment

can't you just send payment from your checking account bill pay?

Comment

Originally posted by geye View Post
        can't you just send payment from your checking account bill pay?
        We were doing this until the first of this month with Wells Fargo. Then they cut us off from doing that as well. Its like they want to keep us from paying...
        03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
        06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

Comment

What do you mean they cut you off? Did they not accept the payment? How do you know if they don't accept it?

Comment

What I would like to know if at some point they resume mailing the statements back to me and telling me how much I've paid, etc. Would be nice to get a statement each month to see where I stand with the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by HOMEBODY View Post
              What I would like to know if at some point they resume mailing the statements back to me and telling me how much I've paid, etc. Would be nice to get a statement each month to see where I stand with the loan.
              They will most likely not send you anymore statements.
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I never stopped getting statements from my 1st. But my second stopped sending them as soon as I filed. Maybe they could see the future. I have continued to pay the first and stopped paying the second after my 341.

Who knows how they set their policies.
                Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                341 - 2/12/2010
                Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Once we were in our bk, we were told we would never receive statements again. From the time we filed until we paid the house & vehicle off after we discharged we never received any statements.
                  Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                  Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

My bank never stopped sending statements for my 1st with a notation about the bk until discharge. But I couldn't make pymts online, I could drop them off at the bank and they forwarded them on. Now that I'm discharged I can make them online or in the bank. I didn't reaffirm.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X