Chapter 7 Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Amendment

Hi there, we filed chapter 7 last week, pro se. I received a letter today from the trustee asking about question 9 on the financial affairs page. I forgot to list our credit counseling and the $$ we paid to a preparer (which btw I ended up having to redo several of the documents)...actually this is a question the preparer checked no to and I just forgot to change it before we filed. Any way, so now we have to send a letter explaining why it was checked no and then file an amendment.

My question is does anyone know if there's a special form for the amendment or do I just fix the paperwork and send a copy to the court clerks office and tell them its an amendment? BTW the clerks office I have to go to is 1 1/2 hours away each way so I'm probably just going to be doing it by mail.

Any input is appreciated!!

File the same form corrected and note amended at the top

We had something similar happen with another document ourselves. All you should have to do is file the same form with the correct information, write amended at the top of the form, and sign.

Also call the clerk and verify this is correct, (that is what I did). The clerk was always helpful and polite so don't be afraid to ask questions

Again, as I say all you "should" have to do is the important part, definitely check with the clerks office before sending in.

And sometimes that 1.5 hour drive is worht every penny for piece of mind that something is done.
    Last edited by sunkinsc; 06-19-2010, 07:17 PM. Reason: Forgot a comment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X