Filing 7 and I dont own anything. i have ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing 7 and I dont own anything. i have ?s

So I'm filing ch7 but unlike a lot of people on the forums I don't own anything. No mortgage, no car under my name, no large accounts (401k etc.), absolutely nothing but cc's. I'm in my mid twenties with A LOT of cc debt. My question is...

given my situation and assuming that my case is simpler than others, should I fork over a load of money for a GREAT attorney?

Has anybody used or heard of Price Law Group? I'm located in northern California and they seem to have a fair price.

Is there any advice that you guys can give me because I feel very ignorant dealing with this.

I'm not nervous about filing ch7, going to hearings or even what the future holds for me. I'm most nervous about taking the first step and choosing the right attorney.

Any help would be great help. Thanks guys.

First of all, do you have means to provide for yourself going forward if not for the debt?
    C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
    Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

I just recently have found myself work after 2 moths of unemployment. I haven't even gotten my first paycheck yet. So I do have a means to support MYSELF in the future but not me and my cc bills. My cc bills have been the reason I constantly work. I would like to finish school but with such a huge minimum payment I can't afford to do both. I have been making minimum payments for almost 4 years now and am getting tired of moving nowhere. I feel like I have been running on a treadmill for the past few years of my life. I can't get a good job to pay off my debts because i havent finished school but i cant finish school because of my debts. That is why I am filing. Very frustrating
      Last edited by eug3fo; 06-21-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X