top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

woo hoo Discharge at last - and Q about giving up our truck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woo hoo Discharge at last - and Q about giving up our truck??

Took long enough, but we're in L.A. so I expected it to be looooong, but we got the LETTER OF DISCHARGE !!! yaaaaaaaah!

Ok, here is my question. I would really like to hear opinions about this one. I hope you will indulge me. Me, 1 yr old car; bought it timed for filing BK, already re-affirmed, signed sealed.

DH - has a 2007 Nissan Frontier with 90K miles, upside down, 5 years to go. He is a caterer and hauls around a mobile pizza oven. Truck has a crane on the back, but the oven is 500 lbs and a PITA to load. He 'makes it work' but would be so much better off with a van and a lift or ramp. We are way upside down on this vehicle and signed a ridiculous loan back when he had no cred. Our pmt is $275/mo.

Nissan did not send a reaffirm. They sent a letter saying if we sign it they can restart our monthly statement. We've been paying all the pmts have no idea how much we still owe, but way more than truck is worth, that's fo-sho.

We are thinking about calling them and having them take it away IF we can get pre-approved somewhere. Do they do that? He is self-employed so we would prolly have to do this joint. Would they let me have my name on 2 vehicles with a BK? I looked at our FICOs and even with BK we both around 600.

I got something in the mail from replacevehicle.com if it is legit, it looks like a good way to go - anyone heard of?

Has anyone had them come take a car back? All i can picture is that big mean lady on that show Repo-whatever, it scares me!! and how much does the Repo hose the credit? Any more than the Bk already did?
    Stopped paying CCs 6/09
    Filed 1/10
    341 = 3/10
    6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! One issue at a time! I am celebrating your Discharge!! Celebrate your success NOW. The truck can wait for another post/day. Here you go:

Go and enjoy your weekend!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      CONGRATULATIONS!!! One issue at a time! I am celebrating your Discharge!! Celebrate your success NOW. The truck can wait for another post/day. Here you go:

Go and enjoy your weekend!
      Thanks, it said 'video not available' - but thanks for the woo hoo.
      Stopped paying CCs 6/09
      Filed 1/10
      341 = 3/10
      6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X