No announcement yet.

1 year post discharge... 1 creditor still at it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally fetched Saturday's mail and sure enough... another collection notice from the utility company. It is almost comical.

When I finally decided to go financially belly-up I saved every bill, every piece of mail, and wrote down every collection call I received until I was discharged. I combed through all that mail and I found 27 collection notices from this utility company since my ch 7 filing. Yep, 27! I also found some other post-filing collection offenders. I am going to start looking for an attorney tomorrow.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

IMHO I wouldn't waste too much of your valuable time on these people. You filed BK to get this all behind you. I understand you are entitled to not he harassed by them or anyone else whose debt against you was discharged and you have every right to pursue damages if you wish, but at the end of the day, you are spending time, effort and, at least temporarily, money to battle them. At the end of the day there isn't a thing they can do to you except annoy you. If they try to sue you, bring the discharge and your other evidence of their illegal activities. The case will not only get thrown out but the judge could award you damages on the spot, though I can't make any guarantees that would happen.
      4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
      5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
      10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X