Bank account question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account question.

We filed about 2 weeks ago. We have boa and nothing were discharging is affiliated with them. My father today told me that we should pull all of our money out and get paper checks until were discharged. I don't see them messing with our accounts but does anyone have experience with this?

Does everyone cancel your online access? Like utilities and student loans? Is it true that we don't have to pay our student loans while were doing this? I'm still planning on paying them but im must curious. Thanks again.

I have both Wells Fargo and WaMu (now Chase) accounts and I didn't have any problems with them "freezing" my accounts. I filed on a Chase Credit Card and my Mortgage loan is through Wells Fargo. I lost access to pay my mortgage online until after discharge. Had no problems with the utility companies (I have Bill Pay) and Student Loans were on "hold" until I was discharged.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Liz........might be snagging this tread, if so, apologize. Question on your mortgage with Wells Fargo..........did you reaffirm? Mine is with them and I wasn't sure what I would do.......still paying cards till next month and starting to look at lawyers. As we discussed on PM........some big bt/ca's.
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
        Liz........might be snagging this tread, if so, apologize. Question on your mortgage with Wells Fargo..........did you reaffirm? Mine is with them and I wasn't sure what I would do.......still paying cards till next month and starting to look at lawyers. As we discussed on PM........some big bt/ca's.
        Hi there, no I did not reaffirm nor did they ask me if I would. I did lose the option to make payments online, at the bank, etc. I had to send the payments to a different address for the duration of my BK.

P.S. I did not reaffirm because I am underwater approx $60k (not much), but I like the option of walking away at a later time if something happens
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X