How long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long...

Do the trustees watch what you are doing after you are discharged? And if so for how long?

Once your bk is discharged and closed, trustees have no further interest in your case.
    You may do as you please.

Comment

My attorney told me I could do anything i wanted after file date, I was nervous ( I waited until after the 341 meeting which was nothing a big let down, ) I wanted to marry she said day after file date is new beginning get married. I would recomment not putting any money in your bank account with wells fargo or wacovia, as they are know to freeze the account upon filing. hard to get money back. I opened a new bank accound with different bank that I didnot owe any money. I also waited to file until after judgement was over and filed until I had money to file .
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

my take

Originally posted by jelo6875 View Post
        Do the trustees watch what you are doing after you are discharged? And if so for how long?
        If you were to unexpectedly inherit or be awarded a large amount of money (thousands of dollars) within 6 months of your discharge, it would need to be reported to the trustee who would decide what, if anything, to do with it. Other than that you have nothing to worry about. We did not alter our lifestyle at all before, during or after the Chapter 7 process.
        4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
        5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
        10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

Our attorney told us that if we won the lottery the next day there was nothing they could do, we were free and clear. I don't know if that is just our state or if my attorney was just being easygoing.
          Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
          Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

From what I've read - it's any inheritance within 6 months - but other than that, you're good to go.
            04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
              From what I've read - it's any inheritance within 6 months - but other than that, you're good to go.
              So if you won the lottery and had $2m the day after filing, pehaps the UST would decide in the 'totality of the circumstances' that he will dismiss your case?

Comment

Originally posted by nceguyfromne View Post
                If you were to unexpectedly inherit or be awarded a large amount of money (thousands of dollars) within 6 months of your discharge, it would need to be reported to the trustee who would decide what, if anything, to do with it. Other than that you have nothing to worry about. We did not alter our lifestyle at all before, during or after the Chapter 7 process.
                how would they know if you recieved a large mount of money after the discharge?

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
                  how would they know if you recieved a large mount of money after the discharge?
                  They won't know, but if by some stroke of bad luck they find out somehow, even years after your case was closed, they can come after you.
                  4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
                  5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
                  10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X