Filed this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed this morning

Well, my chapter 7 bankruptcy was officially filed by my attorney this morning - now the fun begins in earnest. From what my attorney said, it sounds like a pretty simple case - probably 2 minutes in the 341 meeting once that is scheduled. And of course the post-filing course and the usual stuff that was pretty much expected.

As a sidenote, I'm actually looking forward to the collection calls now......
    Last edited by wonderingrov; 06-30-2010, 06:34 AM.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post
    Well, my chapter 7 bankruptcy was officially filed by my attorney this morning - now the fun begins in earnest. From what my attorney said, it sounds like a pretty simple case - probably 2 minutes in the 341 meeting once that is scheduled. And of course the post-filing course and the usual stuff that was pretty much expected.

As a sidenote, I'm actually looking forward to the collection calls now......
    My collection calls stopped pretty abruptly within 5-7 days of my filing. Only one creditor continued calling (Wells Fargo) and they never called again once I got around to answering the phone and let them know they needed to stop conveniently ignoring the notice they were sent by the court.

You are probably accurate with your estimate on the 341. I'd say mine lasted about 1 1/2 minutes.
    4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
    5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
    10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

Looks like my 341 has already been scheduled for the last week in July. That was quick.

Comment

If you just filed this morning, how were you notified of your 341 hearing..by phone? I am filing next Tuesday and just wanted to know how quickly to hear from the court.
        Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
        Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

I was just about to post that we are FINALLY filed, the same day as you. Our 341 is set for August 5th. I feel like a big weight has been taken off my shoulders, but a new set of nerves has set in for when I have the meeting. I just can't wait for this ALL to be over.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomnow7 View Post
            If you just filed this morning, how were you notified of your 341 hearing..by phone? I am filing next Tuesday and just wanted to know how quickly to hear from the court.
            The first post was actually from yesterday morning. My attorney had filed electronically yesterday morning, and sent me an e-mail this morning with my 341 date and time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X