top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney fees added to mortgage balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney fees added to mortgage balance?

I saw this little blub...

A secured creditor may add the attorney fees they incurred to the balance owed on the property. This may happen even if you are not behind on payments at the time the bankruptcy is filed. Most mortgages and other loan documents provide that reasonable attorney fees are allowed and will be added to the balance due on a loan.

here...

http://www./2009/10/04/the-fbi-would...ng-bankruptcy/

Has this happened to anyone?

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
    I saw this little blub...

A secured creditor may add the attorney fees they incurred to the balance owed on the property. This may happen even if you are not behind on payments at the time the bankruptcy is filed. Most mortgages and other loan documents provide that reasonable attorney fees are allowed and will be added to the balance due on a loan.

here...

http://www./2009/10/04/the-fbi-would...ng-bankruptcy/

Has this happened to anyone?
    This happens quite often. Terms of the note that was signed dictates this.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      This happens quite often. Terms of the note that was signed dictates this.
      How much?

Comment

You said in another thread that you have an apartment lease. Do you also own a home?
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
          You said in another thread that you have an apartment lease. Do you also own a home?
          Separated from my spouse. Our primary residence is held tenants by the entirety and would thus be exempt from creditors, but I'm still on the mortgage note and would have to notify my loan company as they are a creditor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X