Possible Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Fraud

Print out those FB pages and mail to trustee as evidence (if you care)

Comment

But becareful -->>

1. He might take revenge on you;

2. He will prove that those FB pages are faked or made-up info.

Comment

I do care. I am out a lot of cash, and if he is lying about things he should be called out.

I don't care about revenge.

Will be interested to see how he proves his accounts were hacked.

Just a note to members here, I have no issues with Filing Bankruptcy or people that do it. Am I pissed that I am out this cash? oh ya. But people who commit fraud of any kind during this process only ends up hurting the people who are filing and being honest.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Cool,

1. He likely will not take revenge because doing so... will proving his intent to fraud you to court further, etc.

2. He likely will not prove that FB is faked because his IP address & real name/info can also be requested in subpeona by courts later if trustee want, etc.

Conclusion, he loose, you will win! ..

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Thank you for the help.

Comment

I just wanted to add that my ex is an attorney and they subpeona FB pages all the time in various court cases, and FB coughs the records right up.
              (so don't think anything on FB is protected, LOL, no matter your 'privacy' settings)
              Even if they have changed it, FB has the records on their servers and they can pull what was printed on there even if it's been deleted.
              You should be good, even if they remove that data by the time it gets to court. Nothing is really deleted off FB. Ever.

Comment

Great info. Thank you.

Comment

BK is a wonderful tool for people that need a fresh start. Anyone and everyone can have things happen to them that can loose money, so your attitude about it is very good.

However.... when people try to "game" the system or commit fraud, they do a disservice to every law abiding citizen and deserve what they may get.

Document, document, document. If they are trying to commit fraud, you will have a very interested trustee.

Non-discharge of debt and prison are some of the wonderful things that can happen to fraudsters.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I work down at the Pizza Pit
                    And I drive an old Hyundai
                    I still live with my mom and dad
                    I'm 5 foot 3 and overweight
                    I'm a scifi fanatic
                    A mild asthmatic
                    And I've never been to second base
                    But there's whole ‘nother me
                    That you need to see
                    Go checkout MySpace (or Facebook and LinkedIn for this example)

'Cause online I'm out in Hollywood
                    I'm 6 foot 5 and I look damn good
                    I drive a Maserati
                    I'm a black-belt in karate
                    And I love a good glass of wine
                    It turns girls on that I’m mysterious
                    I tell them I don't want nothing serious
                    'Cause even on a slow day
                    I could have a three way
                    Chat with two women at one time
                    I’m so much cooler online
                    So much cooler online

- Brad Paisly

Comment

This looks like it may be a tough one to win in any event because I think it would be very hard to prove that incompetence equals fraud.

Someone has to play devil's advocate here. Your friend may have had the best of intentions but poor business skills and bad luck. You may want to take a closer look at the exemptions.

Three Harleys? You may want to find out where he got the money for those. If you can trace them to your loan, I think you have a shot. Otherwise, I think you are probably going to be out of luck assuming the exemptions stand, but it would be most interesting to see how he intends to exempt the bikes.

You should see an attorney about this ASAP.
                      C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
                      Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

I know he did not use the money for the Harley's. he actually used it as an investment to obtain more capital. It turns out that where he invested it is a scam and everyone who invested with this company lost all their money.

Talked to the Trustee who stated that he has 2 cars and 3 harleys his home and another piece of investment real estate that I believe is under foreclosure. Actually both houses were under foreclosure. Looks like he has an exemption for both cars and the Harley's. He and his Wife both filed for the chapter 7.

How is it possible to file Chapter 7 and Keep all this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreynya View Post
                          I know he did not use the money for the Harley's. he actually used it as an investment to obtain more capital. It turns out that where he invested it is a scam and everyone who invested with this company lost all their money.

Talked to the Trustee who stated that he has 2 cars and 3 harleys his home and another piece of investment real estate that I believe is under foreclosure. Actually both houses were under foreclosure. Looks like he has an exemption for both cars and the Harley's. He and his Wife both filed for the chapter 7.

How is it possible to file Chapter 7 and Keep all this stuff?
                          What state is this in?
                          -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
                          -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
                          -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
                          -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Minnesota

Comment

re: facebook and linkedin

1. People don't always update their information. Just because it says they're working somewhere, doesn't mean they still are (when did those sites say they started at the places?)

2. People like to make themselves look better on these sites. Oftentimes people post that they're "president of blah blah widgets, inc" which basicly means they sell painted wooden boxes on ebay once a month. If this person jumped into the real estate investing that quickly without having completed a single deal, they sound really like people that would try to make themselves look really great on these sites.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X