No announcement yet.

Tips on budgeting after you file bk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have multiple accounts also... Paycheck from main job goes into one. It pays mortgage, utilities, insurance, and a 'mock' car payment. (Perhaps to buy in late August.) All the bills!

Another account has joint checking - direct deposit & cash from the other job. Gas, groceries, other spending... Then there is a 3rd set of accounts, to save up $ since this job is variable pay. Store extra money when income exceeds expectations - to make up for slow weeks.

Originally posted by nomoneynomore View Post

We have two seperate checking accounts plus a savings account w/ Bank of America. One is our "spending money", the second is our "bills" account. Each payday I transfer the needed amount into our bills account so I know all bills are covered.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Dh gets paid every two weeks. #1 I pull out a set amount of cash for our groceries and utilities and his money for lunches and stuff. From the money in left in the checking account I pay the house, cars, and cell phone. We plan on putting any leftover we can squeeze out into our savings. It's hard though because DH is paid by the job and not by the hour so we have to have to budget now for winter months when the pay slows down.
      Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
      Discharged - 11/18/2010
      Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X