When to get a secured Credit Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to get a secured Credit Card?

We've been discharged since April from our CH7. At what point should you obtain a secured credit card?

The house and utilities, cell phones are in husband's name so he is rebuilding his credit that way. I have no credit or anything in my name anymore so should I get a secured card with a low limit t slowly rebuild credit in my name? Now I did check my credit score and right before we filed it was 501 but it has gone up to 623. But I do need to rebuild it. Should I wait?

I was able to get the HSBC card before discharge. There is an annual fee of $39 and my limit was $500. I'd try that before I'd go the secured route. I believe they do a pre-approval so it won't cost you a hit on your credit report to see if that might work for you.

You might also try the Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard. There is another thread under rebuilding credit that has more info on this one.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
      I was able to get the HSBC card before discharge. There is an annual fee of $39 and my limit was $500. I'd try that before I'd go the secured route. I believe they do a pre-approval so it won't cost you a hit on your credit report to see if that might work for you.

You might also try the Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard. There is another thread under rebuilding credit that has more info on this one.
      The HSBC one is that Orchard Bank? I think Best Buy Mastercard is through HSBC..we used to have a Best Buy card years ago (left it in good standing and paid off years ago)

Comment

Do you know where that thread might be located?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X