OMG! Can't believe some of this stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! Can't believe some of this stuff.

I just got a letter today, from some car dealer wanting to help me finance a car.
    I just filed CH7 the end of last week.
    And this letter says they already know that.
    They want to help finance me during an open CH7. Saying there is no better time.

Are these people loony?
    First of all, pretty sure it would be illegal to be taking on new debt while still in an active BK.
    Second of all, why would I want new debt, when I am just now getting rid of all the debt that has been dragging us down for years!

I knew I would be getting offers and such.
    But didn't expect them to be showing up in my mail box less than a week after filing.
    7/01/10 - filed!
    11/20/10 - discharged and closed

During and right after our bk we received offers from all over the place. I thought they were crazy too. They might be "legit" but the fees etc would be insane. I certainly would throw them in the trash and forget them.
    Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
    Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Everything about you is for sale. Car dealers love to purchase names of recently bk people.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I've been receiving a bunch of these offers lately as well. I've probably received 10 letters offering post filing classes even tho I've already done it

Comment

We filed last week and I've already gotten credit card offers. It's no wonder people all over the country are in debt up to their eyeballs with no way out!
          Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
          Discharged - 11/18/2010
          Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

My chapter 7 was filed last Wednesday. So far, I've gotten one advertisement from the company that does the 50-30-20 debtor education (even though I completed the post filing education the same day I filed), and just got an offer today for a $300 line from some finance company in South Carolina. When I saw the one from the finance company, I was like - yeah, right.....you're not pulling me in that easily.......
            Filed: 6/30/2010
            341: 7/26/2010
            Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Yeah.
              The last thing I want right now, is debt.
              7/01/10 - filed!
              11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

I filed in Oct 2008 and had a pricey vehicle which initially I wanted to keep. Then I started getting car loan offers within a week of filing, and after another chat with my atty, decided that surrendering the pricey wheels was a good idea. I went right after my 341 and bought a 4 year old vehicle...nothing as nice as my initial ride. Yes, my rate was a bit high, but my overall payment fell by half...not to mention better gas mileage and lower insurance. So, I took advantage of one of those offers. It has helped "rebuild" my credit having the new loan, though I have not taken out any other credit.

Comment

Wow, I just got the same junk mail. I should have called just to see how much blood the finance company would try to squeeze out of me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X