top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed and have a date for the 341..do I..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed and have a date for the 341..do I..

get the things together that the trustee sent the letter of or does the lawyer do that?? Also I am getting notices about PACER and when to take the class.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed thinking I just show up with my license and ss card and my lawyer does the rest.

I know it is a silly question but since you all have been patient with me since this process has begun I figured what the heck I will ask anyway.

I am in the same boat as you, except I haven't gotten my 341 meeting date yet. If I had questions about what to take and what was expected, I would contact my attorney and ask the questions. I have given my attorney the job of keeping my mind at ease. I am filing chapter 7 no assests in Oklahoma. My attorney told me to take Social Security card, Drivers license, Car title, and 3 months of bank statements.

Comment

It really IS as simple as showing up at your 341 with proper identification.

Also, and I'm sure you've already heard/read this somewhere, the meeting may last all of 5 minutes.....but more likely about 2 minutes.

Ease that mind of yours......

Good Luck!

Comment

If you have a letter from your trustee asking for anything, I would think the letter will tell you if you should do it or if your lawyer will do it. The letter we got from our trustee specifically said that WE have to send him the documents, not our lawyer.

Comment

If you've already provided everything the trustee requested to your lawyer, then yes, all you need is your id and your ss. Don't bring anything above and beyond what is requested. For example, if they didn't ask for more bank statements, don't bring them "just in case".

Try to relax and good luck,

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I brought the bank statements, paystubs, and tax return in a three-ring binder set up such that I could get the information easily as needed.
            C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
            Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Thank you everyone. I will let you know how it goes

Comment

Just to add, if the trustee asks for anything, your attorney should take care of it. If anything is needed by you, your attorney sould let you know. Mine sent a letter stating what to bring, where to be, etc. Good luck. It is much easier than you'll think. It is scary, but you will get past it!
                Filed CH 7 10/14/09
                341 11/18/09 DONE!
                Discharged 1/19/10!

Comment

Also, as far as the financial management (post-filing) class, you can take that one as soon as you know your filing number. I actually took mine the same day I received the filing number. I gave them my attorney's e-mail address as well as my own when I registered for the class. Within 5 minutes of me completing the class, my attorney e-mailed me that she had received the completion certificate and filed it with the court.

My lawyer recommended taking that one as soon as possible after filing, because a lot of people forget about that - and you can't receive a discharge without it.
                  Filed: 6/30/2010
                  341: 7/26/2010
                  Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X