Q about pay stubs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q about pay stubs.

We have to send in a couple more pay stubs to the lawyer so they can send them on to the trustee. They need stubs for 6/18 6/25 and 7/2, but the thing is my husband took a vacation this week and they cut him a vacation check that is back dated for the 6/25th. So we have 2 stubs an original direct deposit for the 25th and another one that is intended to take the place of this weeks vacation that is dated for the 25th as well. If I send in the one original direct deposit stub the year to date numbers at the bottom of the check don't add up right from the previous checks before, because there is that vacation pay that they cut before we even took the vacation, that is intended for 7/9. I guess what I am wondering is, will they look at the ytd totals and red flag me and think I am hiding funds? I need to fax these in to my lawyer, asap and when I call them they just get confused when I explain how the pay stubs work out. I hope I didn't confuse you guys.

Send them to the lawyer, explain the situation to him or her as you have done here, and allow the lawyer to figure out how best to proceed.

In the end, does it really matter, will this one extra check make a difference; probably not.

Comment

May I ask WHY you needed to provide more pay check stubs? We are planning to call the lawyer tomorrow hopefully and get this ball rolling but after the 1st I've started working overtime again - now that i see some are asked for more stubs, i'm worried this could happen to us! Anything more will screw us as far as being under the median income (only under by $150)

Comment

Originally posted by youngnbroke View Post
        May I ask WHY you needed to provide more pay check stubs? We are planning to call the lawyer tomorrow hopefully and get this ball rolling but after the 1st I've started working overtime again - now that i see some are asked for more stubs, i'm worried this could happen to us! Anything more will screw us as far as being under the median income (only under by $150)
        You know, I am not quite sure why. I would think that they just want current all the way up until we have our 341 meeting, in case the trustee asks we have them. We also have a huge difference in pay from December til now. December pay was huge compared to now. Our bring home was about 1200 a week and then it dropped WAY low to about 600 on some checks just under 500. So I think they may also want to show the big decrease as the December pay was based off of holiday commission. Not sure on that, just a thought. We are under the median by about 25,000 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by youngnbroke View Post
          You will need to provide your lawyer with pay stubs up until the day you file. After that, your trustee may ask for more. Depends where you are. Our trustee asked for the last pay stub before filing and the first one after.

And debtsucks, explain this to your lawyer as HHM said. My lawyer looked at year to date amounts on all our pay stubs. So she definitely would have questioned a discrepancy.

Comment

Actually the 7/2 stub that they are asking for is the first stub after filing date. So that makes since, since we filed on 6/30. Thanks for chiming in JSOFAZ, that makes a little more sense to me. I'm still going to send them everything I have so they don't look at the year to date totals and find something off.

Comment

Something sounds really fishy about altering a previously issued pay stub. Is that legal?

Why did they do it that way?

I would complain to the company's payroll department. Tell them it is being questioned and you need it to be correct to what was actually paid.

Comment

Instead of Hubs getting paid this Friday his normal direct deposit, he is given a physical vacation pay that is back dated. They have always done vacation pay this way. I'm not sure what you mean by altering a previously issued pay stub. The back pay part?

Comment

are you referring to the periods paid *for* and not dates *when* the pay was received?

I think what matters is that the payment amounts you received match up with your bank statements.

I don't know which is what they want for your lookback period, the *for when* or the *when paid*

Anyone know?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X