Amount Owed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amount Owed

If I owe a unknown amount to a company and am unable to obtain any information from them about the amount owed.. Can I guess at the amount.. I know it is between 3100 and 3200..

Thanks again

Is the company an offshore company? Are you talking about internet gambling funding accounts? (I am myself very knowledgeable about this, LOL). I was able to get an account of my amount owed by contacting them via email.
    Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
    Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
    FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
    (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

Originally posted by Pinktiger
      Is the company an offshore company? Are you talking about internet gambling funding accounts? (I am myself very knowledgeable about this, LOL). I was able to get an account of my amount owed by contacting them via email.

Yep.. Firepay.. When contacted they said they have already sent the account to a collection firm in Texas and would provide no other information and to wait until I was contacted by the collection firm.. Well I do not want this to hold up my filing.. So I was wondering if I claim 3150.00 on the court papers.. and I actually owe 3200.00 will I only be obligated to pay $50.. OR can I guesstimate the amount at $3200.00 and cover all my bases..

Comment

Its ok if you don't know the exact amount-keep in mind that in most cases, the balances change every 30 days w/ interest being added. Listing an estimate is fine. It is mainly important that you list the original creditor, and any debt owed to them would be discharged. Listing the collection agencies, if you know them, will make life easier as it will speed up the amount of time for them to learn of the BK.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

You will also want to list the CA, once they contact you. You don't have to wait to file, you can amend after if necessary. Ask your atty, Art

Comment

Originally posted by Pinktiger
            now see THAT is why i love this place. we got all kinds that have been through it and give actual usefull info and idea. not like other sites where they are supposed attornyes and yet cant give you any idea at all at whats going on. god i hated those site.

anyways, like everyone told you. most important to list the people you owe. thats everyone associatied with teh debt, original and collection too. when you list two people for the same debt you cant leave out the value on one of the persons and just label it in the account number section as 'duplicate' and leave the amount blank.

guessing on the amount is fine. no big deal at all.

you can also list it as contigency if you dont know if you really owe them and are not agreeing to it. i find that kinds stupid but whatever. life. i wanted to list all my debts as contingent lol

also, remember that addressing the debts on the peition to the payment address isnt usually the correct address and will cause returns to the court sometimes. you have to list the official mailing correspondance address to be 'legal' notification. *shrugs*
            Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
            [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
            [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
            [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

I would think Firepay would not be a problem to get a current total. I had used an online offshore called Click2Pay. I included them in my bk. They gave me some outrageous address through email. Even after the bk was filed they continued to debit my empty bank account with kept accruing overdraft fees for me but kept bouncing back the amount.

My lawyer finally had to call the 800 number, the clerk told me that she did not think the people she talked to could understand her but she was finally able to get a fax number to get them a copy of my petition. That ended the billing and I have not heard from them since then. I was really concerned about it too because I accrued the debt with them less than 30 days from filing. I was prepared to pay if they complained although I honestly did not know at the time that I would file bk. It was also my last gambling debt and was listed as such in my schedule.

Don't know if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by badgambler
                Yep.. Firepay.. When contacted they said they have already sent the account to a collection firm in Texas and would provide no other information and to wait until I was contacted by the collection firm.. Well I do not want this to hold up my filing.. So I was wondering if I claim 3150.00 on the court papers.. and I actually owe 3200.00 will I only be obligated to pay $50.. OR can I guesstimate the amount at $3200.00 and cover all my bases..
                My Lawyer told me "as long as thier name and address is on there - your covered."

Also - My lawyer had me list every account, every collection agent, every single entity that ever sent me a collection letter. I even incuded 2 that were on my credit report that I didn't know about.

His philosophy was - "shotgun declarations" Name everybody, then let the courts shoot a letter to all of them.

It worked great!

Comment

yep, i even listed debt i paid off, old debts for decades ago, everything, you name it.

i wonder what happens when you list companies that you dont owe? anybody know? will they still give me credit or have it in their system as BK'ed lol

i even listed the doctor that brought me into this world. wanted to make sure i started from the beginning lol
                  Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
                  [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
                  [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
                  [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X