Household

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household

I live in MI and will be going to have my first meeting with attorney tomm. I'm wondering about the question of how many people are in my household. My sister stays between me and my parents home but she doesn't help pay rent or utilities at my place. Is it safe to say that I'm a one income household? Any help would be appreciated!
    Filed:11/2010
    341 Meeting:1/5/2011
    Discharge:3/2011

Originally posted by MeLLE159 View Post
    I live in MI and will be going to have my first meeting with attorney tomm. I'm wondering about the question of how many people are in my household. My sister stays between me and my parents home but she doesn't help pay rent or utilities at my place. Is it safe to say that I'm a one income household? Any help would be appreciated!
    I live in MI too and the attorney we met with told us if we declare the person on our taxes then that determines how many in the household. hope that helps
    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
      I live in MI too and the attorney we met with told us if we declare the person on our taxes then that determines how many in the household. hope that helps
      In Michigan also, and had the same experience. Since the OPs doesn't live with him full time he would more than likely be a one person household in the eyes of our trustees.
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thanks for the info. N o i didnt file with her on my taxes so I'm good! Thanks so much I was worried!
        Filed:11/2010
        341 Meeting:1/5/2011
        Discharge:3/2011

Comment

I'm in OH and my 87 yr old mother in law lives with my husband, son and I. We counted her in the # of our household because she contributes to household expenses(buys some groceries)
          Filed CH 13 5/28/10
          341 Hearing 6/23/10 & 8/23/10/Confirmed 9/21/2010 36 months
          DISCHARGED 9/12/13

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X