top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about when the 60 days to discharge begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about when the 60 days to discharge begins...

I've been reading on this forum the 60 days to discharge begins at the very first 341 meeting. I'm wondering if there are any circumstances that would change that time frame? My original 341 meeting was continued and according to the PACER status entry it looks as if they are counting down from the second 341 meeting. It's frustrating because if they are suppose to go by the original 341 hearing I'm past the 60 days...and should be discharged.

It will be 60 days from your second (or final) 341 meeting.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Why would it begin from the second (continued) 341 meeting? That's contrary to everything I've read on here.

Comment

My last day for objections was July 6, which was 60 days from FIRST scheduled meeting. I was originally scheduled May 6 but had to postpone to June 3. It was news to me that the last day for objections had passed until I contacted my attorney. He said it can be any time now that I can get discharged, but there is no set schedule. Not sure if the fact my actual meeting was postponed a month has any bearing.

Comment

Don't despair...it'll happen. Not everyone gets discharged at 60 days. Mine took five months after the 341 and others have had the similar experiences.

Good luck,

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

My understanding is, that if it was continued, rather than..

...actually rescheduled, then it'll be from the date of the first meeting. That's how mine was.

Whatever the date is on the 'Deadlines' page on PACER is your deadline....

Comment

My deadline according to PACER was July 6, 60 days from first scheduled meeting. I had to reschedule due to a conflict.

Comment

Our deadline was 7-12,but no discharge yet.

Comment

I was just reading my paperwork from my bankruptcy and it states on the papers that the last day to oppose discharge is 60 days from the original 341 meeting. If that date changed would I be notified by mail or through my attorney? And, if someone (creditor or trustee) did oppose would I be notified? I literally haven't heard anything about my case for weeks and then the only thing that I did hear was that my mortgage company wanted me to reaffirm.

Comment

I am 65 days since 341, and I too have not heard regarding a discharge. Not sure what is happening with it at all. My husband received a past due on our mortgage second note today and he was discharged last July 09. (We filed Ch7's seperately.) This is the first time they have sent us a bill since he filed for BK. The house is in foreclosure, and our last day is Aug, 3rd and it goes on the court house steps on that day. I thought the bank wasn't allowed to send us a bill when we had gone BK??? He tried to call them but they stated that their bk dept was closed, and to call back tomorrow.

I am bit worried that they don't know what they are doing, and will come after us again for the debt even though it was discharged last year for him and will be for me in a couple more days.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X