No announcement yet.

Credit Card Usage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using cards within 90 days of filing is CONSIDERED abuse. Running them up before that time period CAN be considered abuse. Depends a lot of that factors - but the big unknown is how aggressive the trustee assigned to you can will be.

90 days is a minimum. Don't use them within 90 days. Period.

Use the cash saved from paying off whatever you will surrender to subsist. Frankly, in most states, it is easy to stay 180 days or longer in a house before being removed. My brother in law and sister stayed 1.5 years before leaving. Almost a year later, the house remains unsold, lock still the same, etc. after they moved out on there own.

Comment

This issue is really going to hurt me I'm afraid.

I have been continuing to use one of my CCs, to buy essentials like gas, food, and medicine. I've only been investigating bk as an option recently. I still haven't decided for sure yet what to do. Was not/am not running up the card on purpose or buying luxury items or anything like that. Just using it to hang on. Am now thinking bk is my best option - but I need to do it SOON.

According to this thread I now have to wait 3 months b4 filing, since I've been using that card? I don't think I can even hold out that long (actually I cannot even hang on 2 more weeks unless somebody buys some of the things I have up on Craigslist).

Sigh. Always something.
      Well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X