Car Loan before 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Loan before 341 meeting

I already filed for bankruptcy last June and my 341 meeting is going to be on Aug 25. Unexpectedly our car broke down. I already had it our mechanic check and it needs a new engine. I need some advice. I would like to know if I can apply for a car loan before our 341 meeting. I am sure i'll be hit with interest but this is the only way so I can have transportation to work.

Any information is appreciated.

I think it's possible. Do some searches on here...
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Did you happen to learn anything? I am in kind of the same boat, except my 341 was 2 weeks ago. My deadbeat lawyer doesnt return my calls either so I have been trying to research the topic. It seems there are banks who will lend to you after 341 meeting, but there are very few of those. But I've also read that if you do so without trustee permission you could be jeopardizing your case. The best thing to do present your case to the trustee, and see what happens. I think I have just decided to stick it out for a couple of months, and apply after the discharge. But I do have the option of using public transportation to get to work and back.

Comment

Buying brand new car before filing?

Check out the thread "Buying a brand new car before filing." Lots of discussion on your topic.

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X