should I file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I file?

Here's my situation. I live in Ga I currently have almost 23.000 in credit card debit with citi bank. been with them since 94. self employed. I have a back injury and suffer from muscle spasms since 97. this past year my medical conditions became worse and with the loss in business my income is now gone. I sold most of my belongings to pay off breaking my apartment lease early and now live with family.. I have only 1 asset a truck that's paid for and valued at 4600.00. Since Ive always been self employed and only have that 1 asset is it really worth filling since I'm most likely collection proof? I have fixed up A cd letter I'm sending out on money to try to rid myself of the phone calls..

$23K is bit small, but it seems like you have no assets and a permanent downgrade to your income situation, so yes, I think it would a good thing to do.

Comment

I did some checking and the statue of limitations in Ga is 4 years on credit card debit. I talked with a lawyer friend in new york today and he suggested I do nothing. due to being collection proof. That with my health problems and no insurance that I might need chapter 7 for another time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X