top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle surrender: Creditor doesnt want vehicle. what do i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, aren't they a lien holder and you are on the title as owner like a home. Or does that change post discharge.
    Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
    Hi all,

Bigtime, good thought but w/ the car the bank is on the title so you are OK

Here in Colo we have car salvage guys who pay $200 on any junked car, title or not, running or not. They come get it. They don't advertise in local paper but in the cheap ads "Thrifty Nickel" free at the gas station.

Get rid of the car and pocket a little cash...

Tom in Colo

Comment

Update:
      The Order was granted, with no objection from Wells Fargo, to redeem the vehicle for $1.00 on August 25 2010. I mailed the dollar certified mail on Aug 31, 2010. As of today, still no title. I called Wells Fargo and this guy was condescending and said that they aren't going to release it because there's a balance. I told him an order was granted to redeem and he was surprised. He said they haven't received the dollar. He asked me why I needed the title, which is really none of his business at this point, but I told him I need to dispose of the vehicle legally. I told him that Wells Fargo wouldn't allow me to surrender, then he said "well, of course not. We aren't going to increase our losses any further". Um, I know this already. He then told me to send another dollar. He told me "it's only a dollar so it shouldn't be anything to get too worked up about". That's not the point. The point is, I have been waiting a long time. How many dollars to how many addresses will I have to send before they send the title? LOL It appears they are going to drag their heels and send that title out whenever they get good and ready. I contacted the attorney's office and someone is checking into it to see what happened to the dollar. Somebody signed for the mail. Does anyone know how long they have to comply with the order after the date it was granted?
      Filed Ch.13 August 2008,
      Converted to Ch.7 03/31/10, 341 Meeting 05/05/2010, Discharged 07/16/2010

Comment

It might be worth it to pay an attorney to send a letter to Wells Fargo and the condescending man you spoke to. Usually a letter from an attorney gets more attention.
        Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
        Attended 341 September 2010
        Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Surely you did not send a dollar bill. If so big mistake, you should always make payments in money order, check or cert check. I know 75 cents for a dollar money order sounds stupid. But so did californa spending 30 bucks to send folks on food stamps a 10.00 credit voucher for their energy bill so they could get more fed money a month.

Originally posted by mermaids614 View Post
          Update:
          The Order was granted, with no objection from Wells Fargo, to redeem the vehicle for $1.00 on August 25 2010. I mailed the dollar certified mail on Aug 31, 2010. As of today, still no title. I called Wells Fargo and this guy was condescending and said that they aren't going to release it because there's a balance. I told him an order was granted to redeem and he was surprised. He said they haven't received the dollar. He asked me why I needed the title, which is really none of his business at this point, but I told him I need to dispose of the vehicle legally. I told him that Wells Fargo wouldn't allow me to surrender, then he said "well, of course not. We aren't going to increase our losses any further". Um, I know this already. He then told me to send another dollar. He told me "it's only a dollar so it shouldn't be anything to get too worked up about". That's not the point. The point is, I have been waiting a long time. How many dollars to how many addresses will I have to send before they send the title? LOL It appears they are going to drag their heels and send that title out whenever they get good and ready. I contacted the attorney's office and someone is checking into it to see what happened to the dollar. Somebody signed for the mail. Does anyone know how long they have to comply with the order after the date it was granted?

Comment

also do you plan to keep it since it is paid off? or will you be getting rid of it. I see no reason to get rid of it.

Comment

BigTim, I did sound like I sent a dollar bill, but yes, I sent a money order, not cash. The money order cost a dollar and sending it certified mail cost more than $3.00. Now double that if I have to do it again.LOL This $1.00 redemption has quickly became $10.00 thus far. I thought when an order was granted from the court they were forced to abide by it. I'm just concerned that this is going to get sticky and I'm afraid my attorney will want more money to pursue this further.

They were sent a copy of the order on August 25 signed by my attorney and that letter is from the bankruptcy court.

I really see no reason to keep the Jeep. It needs a new transmission and the tranny overheats after 20 minutes of driving. This is what caused me to convert from 13 to 7. It's just sitting there rusting. It was just becoming a constant headache. If I had a close friend who knew how to fix it for little or nothing, I would keep it, but I can't be bothered with it. There are places around here that will pay a few bucks for it to junk it. But I think even they want the title. It's as if Wells Fargo is so afraid I'm going to attempt to make a buck off something that I have paid over $19,000.00 for. I had a huge interest rate (17.9) when I financed it.

I had placed the Jeep on Craigslist out of curiosity one day just to see if anyone would want it. I explained in the ad that the transmission was bad, and that two of the windows needed new motors. I listed it for $1400.00 Mechanics Special and I got 14 inquiries in about 5 hours from males and females. I deleted the ad though. I was surprised. But I'm sort of afraid to fool with that process, test driving with strangers, etc.
              Last edited by mermaids614; 09-16-2010, 09:06 AM.
              Filed Ch.13 August 2008,

Comment

Scrap yard would probably give you something for it though.
                Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Update:

As of Monday, 10/4/10, I still didn't have the title even though they had promised I would have it by now. I kept calling and was told it had been mailed weeks ago, still no title. I called Wells Fargo, was on hold, spoke with someone who told me I still owe a balance, put on hold again, then she disconnected me. I called her back, was on hold forever and she told me they would overnight it via UPS. I received the Release of Lien form the next day. Why they couldn't do that in the first place, I don't know. I guess they wanted to make it as difficult for me as possible. I went to the county clerk today, paid $5.50 and they printed the title out. Geez. I am unable to repair the vehicle and have another car already, so I'm going to attempt to sell it.
                  Filed Ch.13 August 2008,

Comment

Glad your persistence paid off!
                    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
                    Attended 341 September 2010
                    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X