401K Contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poormama View Post
    She called back and said to either stop contributing or change it to no more than $50/month. With this and the u/e getting reinstated, we're close to not being able to file Chapt 7. Without u/e, we're fine. Ugh . . . I have been bugging my husband to file for about a year now, wish we would've filed earlier. His raise is coming up and it's usually 7-10%.

We are above the median but with our expenses, not including cc debt, we're a negative every month.
    You don't have to file for unemployment. You can wait until after you have filed. We waited until after the the 341 then filed for U/C that we were entitled to. You don't lose weeks if you skip them. You just delay the weeks that you will receive. Assuming you don't get a job first.
    Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
    Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
    341 - 2/12/2010
    Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

I didn't know that about the u/e. I actually had kept up with my online weeks, so I was due 4 weeks but I will quit filling them out until after the 341. That's good advice. I'm not sure anyone understood that whole 2 sentences . . .

And I'm back in school full time, so I don't have to apply for jobs. I applied for over a year and not even one interview, so went back to school. I have set it up through the state to be able to get u/e while in school. I had to prove that the future career has openings and has growth. Every 3-4 months I have to go in and have them review it. Now, I am not one of the lucky ones who is getting the state to foot the school bill, we're paying for that.

Comment

Originally posted by poormama View Post
        I didn't know that about the u/e. I actually had kept up with my online weeks, so I was due 4 weeks but I will quit filling them out until after the 341. That's good advice. I'm not sure anyone understood that whole 2 sentences . . .

And I'm back in school full time, so I don't have to apply for jobs. I applied for over a year and not even one interview, so went back to school. I have set it up through the state to be able to get u/e while in school. I had to prove that the future career has openings and has growth. Every 3-4 months I have to go in and have them review it. Now, I am not one of the lucky ones who is getting the state to foot the school bill, we're paying for that.
        Let me be a little more specific. We weren't able to get a lump sum for the weeks we missed. Those weeks were just added to the end. So we were able to file for 6 weeks longer than we would have had if we started filing as soon as we originally qualified. So in total you don't lose any weeks. But I don't know if you could file and get a lump sum for the weeks you missed.

If our case it was worth scraping by without the U/C for several weeks so that we qualified for Chap 7. The long term benefit of Chap 7 would have been worth eating beans 3 times a day and living without power for a month. Thankfully it didn't come to that. I'm guessing that if you are close to the median income you can figure out a way to live without U/C for 6 weeks
        (until after the 341).

Good luck.
        Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
        Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
        341 - 2/12/2010
        Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Yeah, since we've stopped paying the ridiculous first and second mortgages, we can get by without the u/e. Not a big deal. I'm paying off the lawyer, oddly enough with this lump sum u/e check, on Monday . We'll see what she has to say then.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X