It's done....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's done....

Filed 7 yestarday, meeting 9/3...any suggestions on what to do or NOT to do between now and then?!?

Do: Breathe. It will be ok!

You can also start answering the phone again. May take a few days for creditors to all be aware, so just tell any that call you have filed & give the case #. Should be the last you hear from them.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Once I filed, my phone got a lot quieter after a few days. I have to check it every once in a while now to make sure I still have a dial tone. Seriously, you will be amazed at the difference in stress level. Take a breath, and enjoy the relief from constantly worrying.

You will probably start getting some junk mail from auto dealers and credit card companies in the near future wanting to extend credit. I personally am filing all of those in circular file 13 for the time being. Once I am discharged, I may get one credit card to reestablish my credit, but will not charge more on it than I can pay off when the bill comes due.
      Filed: 6/30/2010
      341: 7/26/2010
      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X