Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I reaffirm in a note lot?

Hi
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I am filing pro-se CH.7 and I have a question. I have a car that I want to keep. I am financing it through a local tote the note car lot. They don't report to the credit bureau and if I were to default or not have money to pay for it I simply turn the car back in no problem (done it before years ago). So should I even bother reaffirming the car?
    Do I list it as an exempt asset? It's worth about 8,000 wholesale and the note is for $11K.
    Thanks in advance.

I dont know the answer to your question, but I cant see how it is an exempt asset when you owe more than it is worth. I would not reaffirm, since the debt will be discharged, and you can keep paying on it to keep it. If down the line, you dont want to keep it, it can be turned in.

Comment

So what do I put on the Statement of Intention?
      Also I have another vehicle that is under my husband's name. So I used 11USC d2 since I have already used that exemption for my husband's truck valued at $1200?
      I went into the pacer system and pulled up some actual ch. 7's filed by attorneys and pulled up one that kind of looks like my situation where the person is reaffirming a vehicle valued at $14K and her attorney put not exempt?
      Any ideas?
      I've filed ch. 7's before but never had to reaffirm since all our cars were paid for.
      Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X