Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!

I just want to thank everyone here who helped me with my pro-se filing, especially StaciMM and bkfiler!

Oddly, out of $80,000 of mostly medical debts, I'm happiest to be rid of my $3000.00 Discover Card bill. I'm sure they planned to rotate that debt on 24.9% interest for the rest of my life. I hadn't used the card since 2002, but the bottom line never decreased, in spite of monthly $170.00 payments. F*CK those evil bastards! NEVER AGAIN!

One last question: I chose to re-affirm the debt on my truck ... but ya don't suppose they discharged it, do you (now I'm just being greedy)? After all, I was pro-se ... I may have messed up and included it somehow. How could I find out?

Thanks again, all

Congrats!

Did you sign a reaffirmation and file it with the court? If not, the debt is discharged BUT you'll need to keep the payments current if you want to keep it.
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Ya know, I'll pull all that out and let you know, thanks. I know it was part of my original, standard filing.

Thanks again!

Comment

It would not have been in your petition. You would have listed your plans on the statement of intentions, but a reaffirmation is an agreement that the creditor would have sent to you (you probably would have needed to call and ask them to since the automatic stay doesn't allow them to contact you). You would have signed it, and filed it with the BK court. I'm not sure, but there might have needed to be a hearing after that-so the trustee could ask if you were sure, etc.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

congrats on your discharge! whoo hooo!

i dont think you can discharge a Discover Card bill? are you sure about this? you might have to keep paying it.

ok just kidding!

{{{}}}
          Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
          [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
          [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
          [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Bkfiler, stop teasing the newly discharged!

It wasn't that long ago that you were one of them, LOL!

Originally posted by bkfiler
            congrats on your discharge! whoo hooo!

i dont think you can discharge a Discover Card bill? are you sure about this? you might have to keep paying it.

ok just kidding!

{{{}}}

Comment

Congrats.... come on over and join us dischargees

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X