top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COnfused on counseling courses needed ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COnfused on counseling courses needed ???

I see mention on posts and gov't sites of completion of a course with 180days of filing, a pre-discharge/pre341 course and post-discharge course...

So, overall I need 3 courses? or have I combined the '180 course' and the 'pre-discharge' course?

thanks

I only know of two. the pre filing and the pre discharge one. I don't think there is another one.

Comment

required classes

Hello bts,

There are two required classes.

One has to be completed before you file for bankruptcy. ("all about bankruptcy")

Second one has to be completed within 45 days after your 341 meeting of creditors. ("money management")

(341 meeting is usually 1+ month after you file. Discharge is 60+ days after the 341 meeting. Hence the "predischarge" designation)

These classes have to be taken from an agency approved by your bankruptcy court. Go to their website, there will be a link to a list of approved agencies.

You need to get a certificate at the end of each class. These have to be filed with the bk court. (hint: don't wait for the 45th day to take the second class. You need time to file the class certificate with the court)

Hope this helps,

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thank you both!......

it got confusing when I saw 'pre-file' course, but heard people say their court clerk told them they shoulda taken it after they file, but before the 341......Thanks for straighten me out!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X