Need help getting started on Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help getting started on Chapter 7

If you stop paying your credit cards where does that leave you financially?Can you live without using them? Could you save up for the attorney then? You could stop paying your cards now and also hold out for your tax return if your expecting one. I dont have any advice about filing yourself it took us about 8 months to save up to pay our fees. Good luck to you!

Comment

We just filed Chapter 7 last week. We are a family of five and my husband is the only one working. We pay our minimum payments to our credit cards but end up using them again since we don't have any extra money to purchase basic necessities. We filed Chapter 7 because no matter how long we pay the cards at a minimum rate, it will never get paid off. In addition, our income is also under the median income. If you feel like your debt is never going down due to interest rates and your income then do what is best for you. As long as you know that it will affect your credit for a long time. If you can manage not having any credit card and live on cash on hand basis then you should consider it.

Good luck to you.
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
      341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
      Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

Comment

I'd hold off filing. With you not working and your wife making minimum wage, you still can't support yourself post bk.
        Wait until you have a job and some sort of health insurance. Right now, you have nothing anyone can take and it's hard to see what bk will do for you at the present time. You can always revisit the issue when you are starting to come off the floor.
        Stop paying the cards and use that money to support yourself and deal with the collections at a later date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X