Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

I was digging through pacer today and noticed this: "Last day to file a claim for a gov. unit is April, 14 2006". What does this mean? My case was discharged on January 18 and is awaiting closing? Does this mean my case won't close until April 14th?

My petition had a similiar date, something like last date for government claim. I was told on here that this was standard procedure, I looked up several other cases and they all had the same statement. It did not stop my case from being discharged and closed.

Comment

the government has special rights (go figure lol) and something might have went on in your case that made that date show up imo or just the way the court types stuff in, etc. not sure what it was or how it works. its standard enough and you already know if there is a government issues in your case anyways.

your discharge will proceed as normal. guess jennga said closing comes anyways so i wouldnt worry about it at all. and if you had a no asset case then it means even less. it just means that they have that long to file a claim for any assets your will get taken by the trustee. who cares who gets what anyway really.

Deadline for non-government
      Deadline for governmental unit to file Proof of Claim
      A governmental unit, such as the Internal Revenue Service, must file its Proof of Claim within the commencement of the case in order to share in payments from the estate.
      Last edited by bkfiler; 01-31-2006, 09:29 PM.
      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X