top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I cash check at Bank I am in default at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I cash check at Bank I am in default at?

Hi,

I have a check from someone that is from BOA and I need to cash it right now (as in, walk in, show id, and exchange the BOA check for money on the spot). I dont have an account with BOA but I did default on a lot of debt with them and I am post 341 but not discharged yet.

I know if I had an account they could drain it. But what about this? Is there any chance they will look up my name when I go in to cash the check and then seize it when they see I owe them thousands?

Also along with defaulted CC debt I have current HELOC debt on a house I am keeping, all with BOA.

thanks,

MMP

If you are just cashing a check drawn on their bank, showing your ID and signing the check should be all the teller does. I don't think a teller is going to look up anything..........may ask if you have a checking acct but you just say no..........you don't have one anywhere and they should cash it.

My brother had a check issued from my fathers estate by me........had no bank account...........just took it to the bank drawn on......showed id and cashed. Note..........his credit was tanked years ago so no accts........mine will be soon......LOL.

Good luck
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X