Citi automatic payment from checking account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi automatic payment from checking account

My wife and I are going to try and file for chapter 7, we quit paying on our credit cards about 4 months ago because we couldn't afford to. We have a loan that we got from Citi about 3 years ago, it was basically a consolidation loan, they paid 2 credit cards off. Well, it's an auto withdrawl from our checking account and want to quit paying it(I've read on here to quit paying 90 or so days beforehand). I could also use the extra $297/month, we are strapped for cash. Anybody know how to do this? Thank you for your help.

Call them and tell them you want to cancel autopay. They may send you a form to fill out and mail back. You don't need to give a reason, but if they ask, you could say that you are changing banks and don't have the new information yet.

I wouldn't cancel autopay online, even though they may give you that option. I had cancelled my autopay online with Citi and Cap 1 online and they still took the money out of my checking account. Fortunately I had enough to cover the payments, otherwise it would have been a mess! Citi would not refund the money, but Cap 1 did. Hope this helps.
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Put a permanent stop payment on the autopay from your checking account!!!! That is the only way to stop them in my experience-I spoke to Citibank several times, asking them to stop and they took out two monthly payments -each time when I called customer service to complain they claimed it was a mistake and would not happen again. I am currently in the 4th month of the Citibank charge being rejected by my bank (they still keep billing) and am glad that I was able to stop the payments!!!

Comment

If your checking account is with a bank you owe money to, you're going to want to close that account anyway. That will prevent any autopay, legit or otherwise. And if your checking is with Citi I definitely wouldn't trust any autopay cancellation.
        12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
        8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
        9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X