Phone Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Calls

Just wanted to say that since we filed last Wednesday the daily 20+ phone calls have diminished to nada, zilch nothing a big fat ZERO as of today. Now onto my 341 meeting.
    $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
    Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
    Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Isn't the silence nice? I gave the creditors my attorney's contact information over a month ago and the calls stopped for the most part. Now that I filed, it is nice to know they can't call even if they wanted to!
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

It's tough to be so lonely isn't it...........
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

We filed right before some primary elections in my county. When the phone rang from a 1-800 number I picked it up, ready to blast a creditor with my new BK information. Imagine my surprise when the call started out as "Hi, my name is XXX and I'm running for county commissioner..."

Such a letdown. lol

The silence is def a good thing and you'll get used to it quickly!
        Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
        Discharged - 11/18/2010
        Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

The silence is amazing since I filed. After the first few days, I only had one creditor call - and that was to sell me identity protection on one of the cards I had included in bankruptcy.

The reaction was interesting when I posed the question - "Now how exactly is this going to be billed, since that card was included in bankruptcy. I'm assuming that account was closed due to me filing?"

Anyway, sometimes now I have to check periodically to make sure I've still got a dial tone. I get a LOT fewer calls these days!
          Filed: 6/30/2010
          341: 7/26/2010
          Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

So jealous! Our phone rings NON STOP. As do our cell phones. Most calls go to voice mail, and we answer a few here and there, however it's still so annoying.

Comment

Silence is golden.
              DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

JEM,

At first I felt obligated to answer the calls but after the first month I said screw it. I didn't have the money to pay and I knew I was going to file so I didn't pick up their calls for 5 months. I disconnected our landline at home and let all numbers I didn't recognize go to voicemail on my cell.
                $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
                Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
                Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

It's great when that phone quits ringing.
                  Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                  341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                  Discharged: 11/30/2009
                  Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I changed my cell phone number so i would have a little peace if I was away fro home. When I filed, the silence was almost deafening.

Comment

Nobody calls me anymore. Its boring. in a sick sort of way i looked forward to listen each night to who was leaving a message, and the fraustration in their voice.now nothing. i miss Hot Linda
                      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I had a few that kept calling after we filed I actually enjoyed taking the call then. Didn't take long to get out of the dialer once they knew I filed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X