Preparing for BK...Credit Report is missing some creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing for BK...Credit Report is missing some creditors

Hey All! I am not sure if I should have started a new thread considering it's a new topic...But however...I pulled my credit report and it is missing A LOT of creditors...What does this mean...I pulled my credit report last year and it had every creditor on there..but now...I have no clue what happened! Has anyone seen this happen or do I have to pay for a credit report to get ALL of my creditors? It's so strange that they are missing so many creditors..this is not helpful considering I am relying on my credit report to be able to make sure I have all of my creditors on the case when I file...Should I call the credit bureau?

Did you pull your report from all 3 bureaus? Many times, some reports report to one but not all 3, hence potential discrepancies. If they do not show up on any of the 3 reports, but you are certain the debt still exists, you may try to find the last statement you got from them or simply estimate the debt amount and goolge an address of service for them for the mailing matrix.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I have some creditors that are just not on there. I always keep all of the bills sent so I know which ones aren't on there.

You do need to pull a report from all 3 credit bureaus. I did pay, since I had already looked up my free on. It was like $30 for all 3.
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
        Did you pull your report from all 3 bureaus? Many times, some reports report to one but not all 3, hence potential discrepancies. If they do not show up on any of the 3 reports, but you are certain the debt still exists, you may try to find the last statement you got from them or simply estimate the debt amount and goolge an address of service for them for the mailing matrix.
        Yes I did...And strangely enough...they all had the same information...in previous credit pulls...they would all differ, but this time they all had the same information...it's so strange...And alot of the debts are from when I was younger...didn't keep up with the bills...now I wish I had!

Comment

Originally posted by dumpinmydebt View Post
          I have some creditors that are just not on there. I always keep all of the bills sent so I know which ones aren't on there.

You do need to pull a report from all 3 credit bureaus. I did pay, since I had already looked up my free on. It was like $30 for all 3.
          Yeah! I think I am just going to have to go ahead and pull them...the fee isn't bad considering I need to make sure I have accurate information...It will benefit me better than having to pay bunches of extra money to add a creditor or 2 to my case!! Thanks for the advice!

Comment

If you at least know who the creditors were/are you can estimate an amount and google and address so you can include them in your service matrix for filing. I don't think anything states anywhere that you have to provide actual statements.
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
              If you at least know who the creditors were/are you can estimate an amount and google and address so you can include them in your service matrix for filing. I don't think anything states anywhere that you have to provide actual statements.
              Ok...That's a great idea! Thanks! I cannot wait to file...A FRESH START! It's amazing how you don't have a care in the world when you are young and spending spending spending...and then...you get older...and BAM! Here is comes to haunt you!

Comment

One thing to be aware of if you have medical debts - not all of the medical bills may be on there. I only had a couple of mine on there that had actually gone to collections - and the information on them was kind of limited.

From what I understand, a lot of medical facilities are hesitant to publish too much information on your credit report due to privacy issues relating to the nature of any illnesses you may have.
                Filed: 6/30/2010
                341: 7/26/2010
                Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post
                  One thing to be aware of if you have medical debts - not all of the medical bills may be on there. I only had a couple of mine on there that had actually gone to collections - and the information on them was kind of limited.

From what I understand, a lot of medical facilities are hesitant to publish too much information on your credit report due to privacy issues relating to the nature of any illnesses you may have.
                  Yeah! I noticed that....I know that I was receiving bills from hospitals but I never saw them on my credit report! I wrote those down....because that is something I would forget about!...Thanks for that reminder!...

Comment

credit bureaus are a strange beast

I have had some interesting experiences with credit bureaus.....and have come to the following conclusion: if you are willing to write enough letters, they will do what you ask. And, every time I wrote, they sent out another report.

Took almost a year, but I finally got all three the same, removed lots and lots of pre-bankruptcy stuff (inc. a judgement!) Was a nice feeling to have them all tidied up after the bankruptcy. and the boost in credit score was good too!

Tom in Colo
                    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
                      I have had some interesting experiences with credit bureaus.....and have come to the following conclusion: if you are willing to write enough letters, they will do what you ask. And, every time I wrote, they sent out another report.

Took almost a year, but I finally got all three the same, removed lots and lots of pre-bankruptcy stuff (inc. a judgement!) Was a nice feeling to have them all tidied up after the bankruptcy. and the boost in credit score was good too!

Tom in Colo
                      Yeah! It looks as if I am going to have to write letters to a lot of people! Because just speaking on the phone is getting me no where...I guess they feel as if they can say what they want and once they hang up it doesn't matter...But something written makes a world of difference! Guess I have to load up on ink...stamps...and envelopes!

Comment

When you filing BK, do I need to list ALL of my creditors or just the once I owe money too. Because I have some credit cards that I don't owe any money on at all.

Thanks
                        This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
                        Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

outofdebt201, I'm in the same situation; I have credit lines with 0 balances. My attorney said he would only list the ones with balances. All others will find out about bk eventually and will most likely choose to close credit lines. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
                            This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
                            Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X