Received a Summons!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a Summons!!

Should I file or a response or just file for bankruptcy I am 25 to the court date and 20 days away from filing. But you never know what could happen.

If you are going to file in 20 days and the court date is in 25 days, I would just wait and file.

Comment

Originally posted by RNN View Post
      Should I file or a response or just file for bankruptcy I am 25 to the court date and 20 days away from filing. But you never know what could happen.
      If it were me I'd file a response. It costs nothing and will kick the ball down the road if the filing gets delayed for some reason.

Comment

There is something called a "Suggestion of Bankruptcy" that can be filed in response to this- I think that would be done by your attorney.
        Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Originally posted by olivies View Post
          There is something called a "Suggestion of Bankruptcy" that can be filed in response to this- I think that would be done by your attorney.
          This is filed with the court by the attorney after filing , not before. Before filing, you can answer the summons pro se..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X