I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

I filed BK last week; doing it on my own. I had a loan company start a garnishment of my pay in Dec. They got two garnishments before I filed. Now I get a letter from them (the attorney handling it for the company) that they have filed a motion to continue the garnishment. I thought they might do this so I'm not surprised, however, I need to know what I should do in response. Need help quickly. I'm in Florida.

Thanks for any help, Renee

Possible option!!!!!!

Dear Renee: My name is Matt, and I work with specialty financing, (mortgages) for customers in or out of Bankruptcy. If you have a mortgage, I possibly could help you. Depending on your situation, if you have enough equity, you could use some to payoff your bills. I can offer very low rates. Please call me if you think I can help.

Regards,

Matt
    Last edited by HRx; 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM. Reason: Advertising
    Specialty Financing

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks, but I don't have a mortgage or anything with any equity.

Renee

Comment

Get some books or get a lawyer fast

I would suggest purchasing a book on-line at amazon.com regarding filing BK, hopefully it would have some info in there for you. My recomendation to you is to get a lawyer!
        Edyta...
        Discharged April 2005

Comment

Well, wait to see if they file the motion. The problem is, if they garnished your wages, that means they have a judgment. You need to go see an attorney if you want to stop the judgment from passing through the bankruptcy. Simply discharging the debt that gave rise to the judgment does not get rid of the judgment. The judgment is a new bundle of rights granted to the creditor...and there are specific provisions for dealing with a judgment that are different than merely listing the debt and the judgment in your schedules.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X