Pacer status after 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer status after 341 meeting

Hello Everyone. I have spent many hours on this board researching and gaining valuable information. Thank you everyone for your wisdom and experiences. I can honestly say that this forum has made the difference between sleeping and not.
    I decided to employ a competent attorney to handle my case here in the Northern District of California. He explained the process well but didn't really get down to the exact timing of the process after the 341.

My wife and I filed a Chpt 7 in mid June and had our 341 meeting July 15. It was very smooth and we were out of the meeting within 15 minutes. I check Pacer this evening and the status is "Awaiting Discharge". the status was set by was "Chpt 7 trustee report of no distribution" and the begin date was July 29th. Time in status is 11 days.

My question: Does the 60 day waiting period start on the day of the 341 meeting or the begin date on Pacer.

Once again, thank you to everyone that has shared their experiences.

Cheers!

My understand is that the 60 days starts after your 341. According to my filing notice, my 341 is Aug 26 and last day for objections is Oct 25 (60 days after the 341).
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sunnlovers View Post
      Hello Everyone. I have spent many hours on this board researching and gaining valuable information. Thank you everyone for your wisdom and experiences. I can honestly say that this forum has made the difference between sleeping and not.
      I decided to employ a competent attorney to handle my case here in the Northern District of California. He explained the process well but didn't really get down to the exact timing of the process after the 341.

My wife and I filed a Chpt 7 in mid June and had our 341 meeting July 15. It was very smooth and we were out of the meeting within 15 minutes. I check Pacer this evening and the status is "Awaiting Discharge". the status was set by was "Chpt 7 trustee report of no distribution" and the begin date was July 29th. Time in status is 11 days.

My question: Does the 60 day waiting period start on the day of the 341 meeting or the begin date on Pacer.

Once again, thank you to everyone that has shared their experiences.

Cheers!
      In my district at least, the 60 days begins once the trustee has filed the outcome of your 341 (for you, the Trustee Report of No Distribution), which for me was about a week after the 341. This does not affect any of the deadlines set by the court, so the deadline for creditor objections, etc remains the date listed on your initial 341 notice. Once those deadlines have passed your case is just idly waiting to be officially discharged. In my district, this number ran closer to 90 days than 60 so don't be worried if your "60 days" comes and goes and you're still waiting. Your discharge will come. Sixty days is when they CAN discharge your case but the court's workload will be what dictates when they actually WILL.
      Last edited by nceguyfromne; 08-10-2010, 06:51 AM.
      4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
      5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
      10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X