Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice About Credit Report

All,

We are waiting for our discharge at the end of this month. We (husband and I) both subscribe to credit monitoring and plan to do so at least until we can make sure everything is being reported right. Well, I notice that on my report it is still showing a large debt from a personal loan and my second mortgage even though we did not reaffirm. My husband subscribes to Equifax and I subscribe to Experian. Should we wait to get discharged before we file a dispute?
    Why would my second mortgage report when my first shows that it was included in the filing? Can anyone advise me on what would be the best way to handle this? BTW, yes, we did include both as creditors in our filing.
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Originally posted by Ann View Post
    All,

We are waiting for our discharge at the end of this month. We (husband and I) both subscribe to credit monitoring and plan to do so at least until we can make sure everything is being reported right. Well, I notice that on my report it is still showing a large debt from a personal loan and my second mortgage even though we did not reaffirm. My husband subscribes to Equifax and I subscribe to Experian. Should we wait to get discharged before we file a dispute?
    Why would my second mortgage report when my first shows that it was included in the filing? Can anyone advise me on what would be the best way to handle this? BTW, yes, we did include both as creditors in our filing.
    Yes, wait until discharge. Until the official discharge the debt really is still owed. Discharge wipes it out and then you can dispute if it isn't already updated.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thanks Newbie, I will wait until the discharge and begin the task of getting those off of my report! Appreciate the reply!
      08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
      04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
      06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
      08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Some creditors write it off as IIB immediately when you file, others wait until discharge. Until discharge they really don't know what is going to happen. Afterall, things could change and you could end up in a ch. 13. (From their perspective - if this were a concern I'm sure you would know it by now.)

Once you have been discharged, then followup.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

After discharge all the debts will still be on your credit report but they should all have the IIB notation. with 0 balance and the last status date should be your filing date, not the discharge date.

Comment

credit reports

Hi all,

I found that by writing letter after letter to the three credit bureaus I was able to get lots of stuff off my reports. And they sent back a report each time I wrote. It took lots of patience, couple books of stamps, but eventually I got the reports very clean. Very important to get old late accounts marked with the BK symbol of "don't count this in my credit score"

Just my experience a few years back,

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X