Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually Stroked out last week...STRESS

Hi
    Some of you know my story ......to the new folks...we are a retired couple filing a Chapter 7 BK in Ohio. Its pretty much a simple case, BUT being a Drama Queen.......I let it get to me BIG TIME!

Since Nov of 2009 I have been so Unbelivable stressed over this, I barely handle it. IN fact apparently I couldn't! Last wednesday I had a MINI stroke, I was lucky in a way since the only damage to date is blurred vision now in one eye and occassional tingling on my lower lip.
    Anyways, we actually are filing the second week of Sept. Thank Goodness!

The reason I am putting this on the forum, is to WARN you other folks, DON"T BE STOOOOOOOOPID like me and let this get to you!!!

I was lucky it was a very minor stroke BUT I was in the ER over night and 4 days in the hospital, so you can imagine my bill! I had a CAT scan...a brain wave test, a second brain scan...a MRI........and multiple other tests!
    Luckily I have a medical account and I'm certain my insurance will cover most,

BUT I do plan to ask my lawyer about any expense (bills) left over. Hopefully they can be included in my BK.....That may sound bad BUT we are on a small Government pension .....now this is "MakinMeCrazy"

Anyways , I know this is serious but don't let it drive you crazy! Just wanted to share that with you all

I'm glad things weren't worse for you; PLEASE heed your body's warning!
    I think many of us need to remember to put ourselves first, not the bills.

Take care of you (why doesn't this forum have a hug smilie?....well, pretend there was one there)

Comment

I'm glad to hear it wasn't too serious and hope you are getting better.

I too have been letting the bills get the best of me. It has affected my marriage. I'm not in a good mood, don't want to go anywhere, etc.

But after I have come to realize that I can't possible undo the past just change the future I have been feeling a little better.

"I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Check DIABETES condition please! Together with HIGH BLOOD pressure (when in high STRESS situation) diabetes can cause numbness/pain in legs leading to amputation possible, eye blindness, heart condition, or brain damage, etc. too. Very dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by MakinMeCrazy View Post
          Hi
          Some of you know my story ......to the new folks...we are a retired couple filing a Chapter 7 BK in Ohio. Its pretty much a simple case, BUT being a Drama Queen.......I let it get to me BIG TIME!

Since Nov of 2009 I have been so Unbelivable stressed over this, I barely handle it. IN fact apparently I couldn't! Last wednesday I had a MINI stroke, I was lucky in a way since the only damage to date is blurred vision now in one eye and occassional tingling on my lower lip.

The reason I am putting this on the forum, is to WARN you other folks, DON"T BE STOOOOOOOOPID like me and let this get to you!!!

I was lucky it was a very minor stroke BUT I was in the ER over night and 4 days in the hospital, so you can imagine my bill! I had a CAT scan...a brain wave test, a second brain scan...a MRI........and multiple other tests!

BUT I do plan to ask my lawyer about any expense (bills) left over. Hopefully they can be included in my BK.....That may sound bad BUT we are on a small Government pension .....now this is "MakinMeCrazy"

Anyways , I know this is serious but don't let it drive you crazy! Just wanted to share that with you all
          How right you are! Creditors may be able to take your money but they can never take your soul!
          4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
          5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
          10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

The medical bills are pre-petition. I don't see any reason why you can't discharge 'em.
            C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
            Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by MakinMeCrazy View Post
              Hi

Glad you're doing ok and it was only minor. Take care of yourself. I'm on disability now bacause of a stroke about 1 1/2 years ago. Stress was a factor in mine as well, but I also had diabetes and high blood pressure and didn't realize it. Be careful with the stress level, and make sure you are taking all medication on schedule. I've followed this advice from my doctors diligently since the stroke, and to date - no further strokes. I did have some neurological problems from the stroke for a while, but those have started correcting themselves now.

Good luck with your bankruptcy!
              Filed: 6/30/2010
              341: 7/26/2010
              Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Yours is a lesson for anyone who worries excessively about any situation. What does being all worked up accomplish that is positive?

The bankruptcy process is not that complicated for most people. The most difficult part of it should making the decision to file. Once it is decided there should be relief not additional stress.

Best of luck to you. I would NOT use a medical account (I'm not sure if this is a FSA) to pay those bills. Include them in your petition.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X