Assets Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assets Question

I just realized that my husband still has a checking account with his parents. His parents added him to their checking account when he was 16yrs. old. We never considered their checking account ours and just realized it last night when I was reading someone elses thread regarding assets.
    Should we have included this in Schedule B? We totally forgot about this and now we're worried that his parents account might get affected by our BK.
    In addition, we tried our best not to let my mother-in-law find out about it because she's a gossiper and will tell everyone we know about it. Also, this will give her power to seek revenge on us since she's forbidden to see her grandkids and never met the other two (long story but she deserves it).
    Urgh, I'm so stressed out. Our 341 is coming up next week, should I amend our schedule again?
    My husband doesn't touch their checking because it's not his to begin with. His name is just included in it.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
    Last edited by nomoneyhoney; 08-16-2010, 02:03 PM.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
    341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
    Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

Hi nomoneyhoney

Don't worry too much. Mine was OK. It depends on the trustee and also if you used the account or not. I also forgot to list the bank account that I have my name with my mom. The account was for my Mom only and I didn't contribute or use it at all. At the hearing, after the trustee said "you're excused" my lawyer said to him about the account, he listened and then said "OK, thank you" I was thinking "that's it? No questions?" and my lawyer quickly said to me "you're free to go." I didn't let my mom know about my bk filing until recently and she seemed a little shocked but other than that she's fine now.
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Omg, thank you so much! My husband never touched his parents account. lol
      So I guess we're fine not amending it. We didn't write them any checks or transfer any property. We forgot about it because we never considered their account ours. Just reading some stuff here made me think deeper. Maybe I should stop for now until I get done with my 341. =)
      Again, thank you for your advice.

Comment

I totally forgot it too because I didn't think it was mine either. I didn't have to amend it. Before the hearing, I called my lawyer to see if we have to file amendment and she said it just depends on the trustee. Looks like I didn't have to. Best just to make sure to check with your lawyer.
        Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

We're filing pro se. No lawyer. I guess we'll have to bring it up at the meeting and see what happens. We hope the trustee won't make a big deal about it .

Comment

I hope so too. Wish you the best of luck.

Comment

thanks. =)
              Last edited by nomoneyhoney; 08-16-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X