Another person on title for car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another person on title for car

In dec I traded my 07 chevy truck I had bought or well was buying off my dad for a 2005 jeep wrangler. The purchases was 18k with 12k for my trade(2k more then I paid for the truck) I had a title loan on the truck for about $1600, with the warranty that was $1000 and the tax title crap I end up with about 10,500 for a loan.

When I bought my jeep I had my dad cosign for me and when we did everything it ended up with him and I on the title as co owners.

Right now I owe about 9200 bucks on the jeep. The blue book is 11,100 for fair and 13,100 for excellent for trade in and 17,700 foe retail.

Will they use the trade in value when figure it's worth for my bk or the retail?

also lets figure they say it is worth the 17,700 will they deduct half for my dad owning half and deduct indiana's 4,000 private property exemption. Or will they say I own all of it and take the loan money out and the exemption amount and then want me to pay the other 3,200?

Or will they use the trade in and the loan eat all but alittle of it up?

I plan on reaffirming it, I need the credit, do not want it put on my dad and I will lose alot of money if I gave it up. Plus 9 months of current payments.
    I figure I can pay it down to a few thousands over the year after my bk and let it help my credit but not cost me alot in interest at 21% plus a refi would be easier then a new loan should I give it up.

Which value gets used will depend on the district/trustee. Your atty should know how it will be handled.

If your father is on the title with you, then any equity should be split between you both.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X