what to take to the lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to take to the lawyer

I will be filing next month for chapter 7. I am trying to start gathering what I need ahead of time and want to know if I should take this all in with me and if I miss anything.

Budget showing monthly expenses
    Loan information on jeep(will be reaffirming)
    Personal Property list(however short)
    Credit report with score(will be getting this when I get paid in two weeks)
    Income(SSDI, and VA education)

Did I miss anything? I plan to pay the money when I go in to talk with the lawyer again( I had to wait cause I transfered a house my parents bought from me to them a few years back) When they bought the house the plan was I would help fix it and thus get it when they die, I did not have the money and since my Dad is a disabled vet it had to be in their name for him to use his VA disability to fix it. So I already talked with a few lawyers and know which I will use.

Also I live with my dad and mom and dad lets me use his extra tv, couch, a few other small things. Just because I use the stuff does not mean I need to claim it right? I just use it and do not own it.

Also one more thing do I need print outs on my debt cards. I have a bank account I do not really use(has 50cents in it), I have a one prepaid debit card(greendot), and a debit card for my college we get our student loans on them not a credit card but I thin it is setup like a checking account as I have checks for it. If so how long do I go back 3 months 6 or what?

I was thinking 3 months for each does that should right or should I wait and see if he needs it or wants to wait till the trustee ask for it?

If you will be completing the paperwork while you're there, you will need to know the names and addresses of all your creditors, along with the amounts owed. You'll also need info on your income and expenses, and probably your pay statements for the past 2-3 months. Every attorney is different though -- call them and ask what you need to bring. I did not need bank statements or CC statements or credit reports, but he sent the paperwork home with me to complete.

Just because you use your parents' furniture does not mean that you own it. Don't include it.
    DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X