Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few more questions

First:
    I will be getting a student loan in late sept. 6200 bucks or so back to me after books tuition, and so on.

1400 for a new laptop(autocad and revit) both require alot of computer
    new tires and work on my jeep 1500-1700
    500 clothes
    600 food fill the freezer
    500 cost of going to school for a few months
    1500 for bills since I have to use my monthly income for my BK.
    Which comes out to 6200. The only thing that concerns me in the list is my laptop I should be able to explain it with the need I have for the programs I use FOR SCHOOL plus should have enough in my personal property exemption to cover it.

I get paid on the 1st(VA education)920.00 the 3rd(SSDI)620.00 after insurance deduction. I can not pay my bills which can wait till I get the loan and file on the first. which will have me filing on the 3rd and getting the loan after I file and before discharge. Or pay my bills and then when I get my loan pay for the stuff I need and my bk. My concern about filing on the first is if I do so will they freeze my college account my loan goes into and my worry about filing when I get my loan is technically I would be using my student loan money to file BK. Though since the money is to pay my bills and I would be doing so either way just alittle chicken and egg thing.

SO should I file with my monthly income on the 3rd, wait till the 14to 21st when I get my loan and file after I get what I need from my loan and file with the remaining 1500, or get my loan in late sept pay my bills for oct and file the 1st of oct?

I would like to get it going and out of the way before I spend the money on something else, but do not want to hurt my case by doing so.

Second I am going to get my list of property togather and have a few questions. Lets say I have clothes worth 500 bucks. being a real big guy ant like there is resale in them. if they want to sale all my clothes and give me what I exempt let them
    But do I list just clothes or 5 pairs dickies jeans, 5 t shirts, 4 pairs undies. DO I really need to list every sock and shirt on the list.

Also should I just list every thing or the current value and their retail price. Or is it up to the trustee to figure out how much it is worth and how much I can exempt?

Also I am in indiana is there any way I can use the federal exemptions?

I have another one. my parents started a company a few months. It deals with construction and such. Being a architecture student I help them with layouts, designs and general stuff like that. I guess you could call me an employee but I have got paid maybe a few hundrad bucks over the last 4 months. Can I claim my laptop as a tool of trade since it would be. How many questions would that bring up being my parents own the company and I get paid very little. Would it be best to just say this is how much they pay me by the hour and this is how many hours I normally work a week.

Comment

no one has a answer?????

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X