X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many questions !!!!

I was hoping to get answers to some questions I have:
    My current situation is as follows:

- Unemployed since Feb 2010, no unemeployment benefits.
    - My parents are able to send me just enough money to pay my monthly bills which add up to $ 5k month (from overseas)
    - I'm curretly separeted from my wife. Bought a house with a friend.This friend deposits his check directly into my checking account. I them pay for all HH expenses and his bills to.

Will his salary be counted as my income?

Also, when does the 90 day rule apply as far as spending money on CC. Its unclear to me if its 90 days from the date of the filling or 90 from when you stop paying the bills.

my understanding from reading on here is you are not to use your CC cards 90days before filing. I guess it is to keep folks from buying that new lcd tv or that 5k cash advance.
    SO if you used it today wait 90 days starting tomorrow. If I had them I would cut them up the day I figured I was filing to keep from wanting to use them.

Comment

So its 90 days from filling!!
      If I stop paying them now and dont file for 6 months, the charges I made this month will not be considered fraudelent?

Comment

Originally posted by bortolli1979 View Post
        If I stop paying them now and dont file for 6 months, the charges I made this month will not be considered fraudelent?
        I'm extremely new here, but have done a bit of reading.
        I'd say wait 90 days minimum, from the last time you used your credit cards.

From what I've read, the more time in between their use and your filing, the better.

Good Luck.
        MP76

Comment

I do not think it has anything to do with paying the payments. It is using the card. If you stop and wait 3 months(90 days) you should be ok. 6 months would be 180 days.
          Originally posted by bortolli1979 View Post

Comment

As far as using cc's, I only stopped using at end of July and am filing next week. All we were charging was ocasional regular living expenses such as gas groceries, etc. when cash flow ran out. My attorney didn't even blink at this, he said it's ok as long as it's no big ticket or luxury expense.
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

get attorney

Hi bortolli1979,

Do you have an attorney? With the legal separation/not divorced/community property state/not comm. prop.state/ filing by myself except I am in a household with someone else.....wow! Lots of questions......well beyond the scope of 90 day cc charges. A good attorney might be well worth the cost...

Good luck with everything,

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X