Signing a Lease after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signing a Lease after filing

I filed two weeks ago and am moving for school.....My 341 is in ~3weeks.....Is it a bad idea to sign a lease at the place I'll be living?.....I'm tryin to convince my roommates to just leave me off the lease and am not sure how being on it will or could affect me....

I am not applying in term sof credit either way and wont have my credit ran, but one roommate wants everyone listed on the lease, not sure why, but she's afraid of being evicted...? i dont know!?....any thoughts?....

bts,

Everyone needs a place to live and unless you own, this is done via a lease. Go ahead and sign.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I agree sign no judge would have a issue with you having a place to live.
      She wants you on the lease that way your responsible for the place and rent. I had a apartment with my brother and sister. 900 bucks a month and we each paid 300. 4 months into it She got into an argument with her boyfriend (who lived there) and he moved out. She talked us into having her name taken off the lease so she could help him get a place. 1 week later she moved out and stuck us with the bills.

Funny thing was the electric and water was in her boyfriends name and you can bet we used our part of the electric to pay for the rent.

Also with you on the lease you have a equal level of say and she can not just throw you out. Sure you do not see a issue but never know you might in 6 months.

Comment

Signing a lease after you file bk is not a problem at all. The lease is not part of the discharge and you are legally allowed to sign one.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

The complex probably has a requirement that all who live there be on the lease. They probably will have an application process required, more important for the background check than the credit... It gives the management company some liability protection, such as if an off-lease criminal commits a crime against someone in the complex, it was not the complex's fault. (It was the fault of the resident who did not comply with requirements to have all go on the lease...)
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Awesome!.....makes things a lot easier with my roommates lol.....Thanks for all the help!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X