Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bills not in my name

I live with my parents, I know 25 and I live with my parents

Our house is setup like a dueplex, the plan was to fix it live in it and sale it as a duplex and income property or rent it out.
    Each floor has a independent electric system, I pay the top floor as I live up there. The bill is in my dad's name because guess what I owe the electric company a bill. Can I use it on my monthly expenses since I pay the bill or does it have to be in my name to count?

Also I have the same issue with my cell phone. I had one for my sister she did not pay the bills and I have one under my dad's name and pay the bill. Will the trustee have a issue with my paying 100 bucks a month for a cell phone.

If so not a big deal I did not figure it into my budget and was still at my monthly income.

Will depend probably on the paper trail. Its not unreasonable to have utility bills - the key is to discuss w/ your atty and find out what paperwork you need. It will be best if you make the payments directly to the providers - not to your family. Discuss w/ your atty.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I normally make the payment to him, the two accounts are in one on the same bill. I do not think the can be paid by itself. It has both meter numbers the bill for each and the total. If not it is not a big deal but it would be nice. The cell normally comes of either my prepaid card or my mom's depends on who has money on which and when it gets paid.

Comment

I checked and I am 80 bucks in the hole with my budget for each month so if I take the electric bill of and add just alittle for food I would be left with 20 bucks extra.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
          I live with my parents, I know 25 and I live with my parents
          Hey, I'm 30 and living with my mum and granny (since they wouldn't let me go)..
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Honestly it does not bother me. my sister keeps saying how I live at home I just remind her how I pay my bills and RENT when she gets money from mom and dad so who is truly the one living at home. Since I have started college I have found it to be very common. Could be worst could be living under the bridge down the road.
            Originally posted by IBroke View Post
            Hey, I'm 30 and living with my mum and granny (since they wouldn't let me go)..

Comment

Receipts

Make sure you have receipts for your payments, good luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X