Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh....is this really bad???

Hi everyone,
    I decided to do a public record search with my county court to see if I had anymore pending lawsuits to look forward to (cries) and saw that on 7/3/10, a collection agency filed a lawsuit against me (never received any notice/summons) and online it reads under Case Detail: "8/9/10: Disposition Order On PreTrial Conference" and under Additional text it reads: "Default Jgmt 8/09/10." Does this mean that a judgment was won against me? And if so, is there anything I can/should do at this point? I never received anything from the CA who bought this debt and never received anything from the court either. Under case status it reads "Pending" though but I don't know if that means anything. Anyone have any advice on what I should/should not do anymore? I am guessing that I should keep my checking account as low as possible (which won't be hard) so that the CA can't take any $. This sucks.

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I decided to do a public record search with my county court to see if I had anymore pending lawsuits to look forward to (cries) and saw that on 7/3/10, a collection agency filed a lawsuit against me (never received any notice/summons) and online it reads under Case Detail: "8/9/10: Disposition Order On PreTrial Conference" and under Additional text it reads: "Default Jgmt 8/09/10." Does this mean that a judgment was won against me? And if so, is there anything I can/should do at this point? I never received anything from the CA who bought this debt and never received anything from the court either. Under case status it reads "Pending" though but I don't know if that means anything. Anyone have any advice on what I should/should not do anymore? I am guessing that I should keep my checking account as low as possible (which won't be hard) so that the CA can't take any $. This sucks.
    It sounds like a they have a judgment, they will go after your your account. Call the court and fine out what address they used.

Comment

Hi Nokia,
      Thanks for responding. I will call the court first thing tomorrow morning. Do you happen to know how they find out where I bank at? I bank with a small local bank. I never submitted any banking info (since I never knew this CA was suing me). Is there a meeting or court date that happens AFTER a default judgment has been issued and BEFORE it actually takes place so that the CA knows which bank to contact, where the person is employed etc? I fortunately own no car, home, property and have been unemployed forever due to medical issues. I have $34.00 in my account right now. Are they able to seize any and all funds no matter how little is in there? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Hi Nokia,
        Thanks for responding. I will call the court first thing tomorrow morning. Do you happen to know how they find out where I bank at? I bank with a small local bank. I never submitted any banking info (since I never knew this CA was suing me). Is there a meeting or court date that happens AFTER a default judgment has been issued and BEFORE it actually takes place so that the CA knows which bank to contact, where the person is employed etc? I fortunately own no car, home, property and have been unemployed forever due to medical issues. I have $34.00 in my account right now. Are they able to seize any and all funds no matter how little is in there? Thanks for any help.
        You typically have 30 days to challenge a court ruling.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Start reading how you can vacate the judgment stating you were not properly served. Call the court house asap.

Good Luck.
          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Hi Nokia,
            it don't make no difference how much you have in the bank they allway's find your banking info. it might take them a while, so don't keep any in there at all and they go after your check too.

Comment

vacate judgement

Hi beeheery, Take the advice of freddy03......vacating the judgement means going to the court and hassling with some paperwork....BUT...it will make a BIG difference to your credit score. After it is vacated, send the court paperwork to the big credit bureaus. When you get you return report, check it over carefully to see that they removed the judgement and not just renamed it.
              Keep writing letters, they will eventually do what you want.

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X